Thursday, July 7, 2016

New Student Billing

You likely received a message recently with information about paying your Maryville College bill.  I wanted to share a couple of pieces of information with you to help clarify that message.

Exchange Students: You don't yet have access to the portal they are talking about, and any fees owing are determined by your exchange agreement.  ISEP students will only pay the $200 refundable deposit.  You can pay this when you get here.  StudyUSA and World Learning students will have their fees paid by your sponsor organization.  

Degree-seeking students: (first year or transfer students)

  1. Late Fees: I have made arrangements with the Business Office to WAIVE the late fee as long as your bill is paid by registration on Friday, August 26, 2016. However, please make an effort to pay your bill in advance.  If you are planning to do a wire transfer, please do this before you leave your home country (or 2 weeks in advance)
  2. Insurance: All international students are automatically enrolled in the international student insurance plan.  IF you have insurance from your home country, you will need to show proof of current enrollment to Kirsten Sheppard or Micki Pruitt in the International House.  If you do this, they will take the insurance fee off your bill.  See below for the specific requirements for health insurance.
  3. Vehicle Registration Fee: If you will have a car, fill out this form: If you will not have a car they will waive this fee when you get here.
  4. Financial Aid: If you have a question about your financial aid, you will need to talk to the Financial Aid Office (FAY 141) or call 865-981-8100.
  5. If you have any other question about your bill, visit the Business Office (FAY 110) or call 865-981-8249.

Method of Payment

Full payment is expected on Registration Day.  If you are planning to pay by any method other than credit card, you will need to make arrangements prior to your departure.

Maryville College accepts the following forms of payment:
·        Credit Card: be sure that you contact your bank to allow for the entire amount owing to be charged at one time.
·        Wire Transfer: below is the information you need to make a wire transfer.  Plan to do this at least 2 weeks in advance.  You are responsible for all wire transfer related fees.  Be sure that your name is in the notes on the wire transfer. Contact for bank transfer information
·        Money Order / Bank Check / Travelers Checks (in US dollars)
·        Check from US Bank account

For F-1 degree-seeking students, it may be possible to make monthly payments towards your tuition and fees.  For more information visit:

MC International Health Insurance Policy:

F-1 students may bring proof of insurance from your home country, but it must meet the specifications below.

J-1 students must have insurance from their sponsor (ISEP, World Learning, IREX or Maryville College). 

If you are an F-1 student and have your own insurance, the insurance policy should be underwritten by a United States state-chartered corporation having an A.M. Best policyholder rating of “A” or above.*

The minimum coverage should provide:
Medical benefits of $100,000 per accident or illness
Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000
Expenses associated with you and your dependents’ medical evacuation to your country in the amount of $50,000.
A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
Evidence of your insurance coverage has to be submitted to the Center for International Education upon your arrival and prior to initiating your participation in our program.

You will not be allowed to participate in any program at Maryville College if you and your dependents do not have the required insurance coverage. All students should, however, consider one’s own health condition, talk with one’s physician, and ensure that one has adequate coverage to meet one’s personal needs that may not be met by the Maryville College Health Insurance.